John Setzer – Board Member 2018
Hi, my name is John Setzer. After retiring from CVS/Caremark Pharmacy with over 30 years of service I moved to North Myrtle Beach with my wife Lori Setzer in 2015. While living in Lewisville, NC, I was an active member of the Greater Triad Shag Club from 2008 – 2016 helping with the Ways and Means Committee and attending the ASCS meeting in Jacksonville, FL in 2012. I also served on the Board 2012 – 2013. I joined the ODSC in 2014 and have been active in helping sell ODSC merchandise and golf cart tickets during SOS and other events. Along with my wife, I have been a member of the ODSC Dance Team since 2016 where we have enjoyed showcasing the dance to others. I also helped build the SOS Parade float 2017 and participated in the dance troupe for the parade.
Before retiring, I had the privilege of holding numerous leadership roles in pharmacy:
- Active in local, state and national professional associations
- Founding member of the Northwest Pharmacist Association 1985 – present
- Held offices of Treasurer 1988 and President 1991
- Convention Chair for NC Pharmacist Association 1991
- UNC Pharmacy Alumni Board Member 1996 -2001
- Served as President Elect 1999, President 2000, Past President 2001
- Member of The UNC Pharmacy Foundation 2000 – 2005
- Preceptor for UNC and Campbell Schools of Pharmacy
Our love of the music and dance brought us here. My wife and I regularly dance and love to help others as they begin shagging. I would like to serve as a member of the Board to help give back to the club and support the dance we all love. Your vote would be greatly appreciated.